The rumored transition to Apple-made silicon for Mac was officially announced at this year’s WWDC. Big changes to the home screen and Messages in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 were announced, plus sleep tracking comes to watchOS 7. Digital keys added to CarPlay, AirPod Pro gets spatial audio, new privacy improvements for the App Store and Safari, HomeKit updates including secure video to your Apple TV, and macOS gets bumped to 11.0, named “Big Sur.” Learn about all the changes in this week’s special WWDC episode.
We'd love to hear your feedback. Tweet at Stephen Robles or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.
Links from WWDC20
- Apple unveils iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 with major home screen changes
- Apple introduces App Clips for iOS 14 during WWDC
- Apple's virtual CarKey launching with iOS 14, coming to iOS 13
- Apple Maps expands detailed coverage internationally, adds cycling & EV data
- Apple updates Siri with real-time Translate app, sleeker interface
- Apple macOS 11.0 Big Sur announced with redesigned Finder, Dock
- Apple announces watchOS 7, with Face Sharing, handwashing timers, and more.
- AirPods Pro 'Spatial Audio,' AirPods with auto-switching coming in iOS 14
- HomeKit cameras to get smart face recognition, Apple TV integration
- Apple debuts tvOS 14 with HomeKit Video picture-in-picture, better multi-user support
- Apple unveils plans to ditch Intel chips in Macs for 'Apple Silicon'
- Apple Developer Transition Kits for Apple Silicon house A12Z in a $500 Mac mini
- Beyond Rosetta 2 for Intel apps, 'Apple Silicon' Macs will run iPhone, iPad apps natively
- iOS 14 supports all devices that ran iOS 13
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org